Monday, October 17, 2011

For me


While I feel it is incredibly tacky to post comments on Facebook about deaths, because all people can do is "Like" them with that damn thumb's up, I felt compelled to write something about Nana. She has been gone for a year now, and a lot of people loved her, probably everyone reading this right now. So for her and for me, here's a little something.

My Nana was the love of my life. I was the apple of her eye, though that's not a British metaphor so she probably wouldn't like it. I had her unconditional love and she had mine. She was my ally in this family, and she's left me to fight on alone. But she lived 94 beautiful, blessed years in this world, and was the light of 24 of mine. I think of her every day and wish that I could have said goodbye. To you, Nana, I love you more than anything. Forgive me for writing this on a blog, something you never heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment