Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thank you for being a friend...

If I haven't touched upon this yet, my dad is in love with The Golden Girls. Every week night when I am working on reports, data sheets, cheer routines, whatever, I turn on Golden Girls after The Daily Show finishes and if there are no repeats of ridiculous Housewives episodes on Bravo!. My father, puttering about the kitchen behind me, immediately picks up on this, hums the theme song, and (repetitively) expresses his sadness that all but one of the ladies is dead; "Such a shame" he says, as he commiserates with Lucy my cat.

Tonight, I was taking a different route, and found Friends on Nick at Night, a reality I cannot accept, as I Love Lucy, The Wonder Years, and I Dream of Jeannie were my Nick at Night shows. Friends? Really? That's like 6 years old. Give me a break; but I digress. So, as I'm watching Joey seduce his new roommate, Dad says, "I didn't expect to be up this late, but since I am I think we should turn on The Golden Girls, unless you're watching something particularly special. It's always an interesting show."

My response, "By all means Dad." I can't deny him his Betty White time. That's just cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment